Author Topic: CNN reports on the Nollywood industry  (Read 1146 times)

Offline chirisan

• Making Friends
  • IQ: 1
    • View Profile
CNN reports on the Nollywood industry
« on: June 25, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »
The Nigerian movie industry has caught the eye of a CNN reporter. He sheds some light on how Nollywood is second largest movie producer in the world, but how piracy is affecting the industry.

If only they can start making betta movies that are not only sold on VCD. But actual movies with propa production value that you can pay money too watch in a cinema...then the industry can start making some mad cashmoney :)
But I guess the cost of making such a movie might outweigh the profits...we won't know if we won't try!

Watch the video below:

http://www.naijafeed.com/naijafeed/2009/6/25/cnn-covers-the-nollywood-industry.html

Offline Penthome

• RM High Chief
  • IQ: 30
  • Fly, crawl, walk, run, just do something.do suntin
    • View Profile
    • Lagos Metropolitan Community
Re: CNN reports on the Nollywood industry
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:16:59 PM »
Yea, the Cinema is the only way forward. I pity the producers not so much cos quality ones such as Amazing grace and good story lines like Jenifa make it to the Cinema. That's the idea. As for piracy, well, go to computer village and Alaba, the government can't resolve the issue of security, light, roads, shey na piracy no go come survive?
My wall/profile/page ---> http://rubminds.com/forums/profile/Penthome

"send me recharge card!"

Offline WatchULukin4

• Soul Friend
  • IQ: 21
  • iM goNNa FinD YOUUU
    • View Profile
Re: CNN reports on the Nollywood industry
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:31 PM »
the government can't resolve the issue of security, light, roads, shey na piracy no go come survive?

my thoughts exactly!
everybodi smiles in d same language!