Author Topic: BlackBerry PlayBook versus Apple iPad review why bb will win  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Omotola

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 4
  • i love Him
    • View Profile
BlackBerry PlayBook versus Apple iPad review why bb will win
« on: October 05, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »
Today at Research In Motion's annual BlackBerry Developer Conference, CEO Mike Lazaridis announced the company's new tablet -- the PlayBook. The tablet will utilize an OS created by the recently acquired QNX (just as we'd heard previous to the announcement) called the BlackBerry Tablet OS which will offer full OpenGL and POSIX support alongside web standards such as HTML5 (which is all tied into RIM's new WebWorks SDK). Lazaridis was joined on stage by the company's founder, Dan Dodge, who said that "QNX is going to enable things that you have never seen before," and added that the PlayBook would be "an incredible gaming platform for publishers and the players." RIM also touted the PlayBook's ability to handle Flash content via Flash 10.1, as well as Adobe AIR apps. The new slate -- which Lazaridis described as "the first professional tablet" -- will sport a 7-inch, 1024 x 600, capacitive multitouch display, a Cortex A9-based, dual-core 1GHz CPU (the company calls it the "fastest tablet ever"), 1GB of RAM, and a 3 megapixel front-facing camera along with a 5 megapixel rear lens (and yes, there will be video conferencing). There was no mention of onboard storage capacity during the keynote, though the devices we just spied in our eyes-on post are labeled 16GB and 32GB on their back panels. The PlayBook will be capable of 1080p HD video, and comes equipped with an HDMI port as well as a microUSB jack, 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, and Bluetooth 2.1. The device clocks in at a svelte 5.1- by 7.6-inches, is only 0.4-inches thick, and weighs just 400g (or about 0.9 pounds).

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/27/rim-introduces-playbook-the-blackberry-tablet/

Can you compare this with the apple ipad on a smartphone angle?

In terms of interface, the OS looks like a mashup of webOS and the BlackBerry OS, even allowing for multitasking via what amounts to a "card" view. Interestingly, RIM and QNX boasted of the PlayBook's multimedia and gaming functions, but Mike Lazaridis also described the tablet as "an amplified view of what's already on your BlackBerry." That's due largely in part to a function of the tablet which allows you to siphon data off of your BlackBerry handset via Bluetooth tethering and display it on your PlayBook (a la the ill-fated Palm Foleo). While the PlayBook doesn't seem to rely on phone content alone, the press release from the company says that users can "use their tablet and smartphone interchangeably without worrying about syncing or duplicating data." RIM didn't hand out any solid launch dates beyond "early 2011," and of course, there was no mention of retail price. We've got a slew of content after the break, including the PlayBook spec rundown, the company's press release, and a full video of the device (and UI) in action -- so take a look!
BlackBerry PlayBook press shots

RIM introduces PlayBook -- the BlackBerry tablet

7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
1 GHz dual-core processor
1 GB RAM
Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
HDMI video output
Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
Ultra thin and portable:
Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 2
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
Re: BlackBerry PlayBook versus Apple iPad review why bb will win
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
It's worth how much?

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
Love is the only force that can sustain and unite us as a people

Offline phboy

• Making Friends
  • IQ: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
how much is it sailing?

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
Sowemimo Oluwatosin
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:16:11 PM »
O my head ,this my head compulsorily must be good ,my star will shine throughout the country and my glory will glow throughout the whole world.This is more than a prayer it is a DECLARATION ,so be it.

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 05:22:43 PM »
I have to break loose from what is holding me down to achieve my GOAL this a point where prayer comes in because its effects and powers can never be under estimated.Thus I pray that......................... .............,.........................................................,...................................................,.............................................................,...................................,.....................................shall not fail me,in Jesus name[Amen]

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
know ur country cond
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »
THE NATIONAL FLAG
The colour of the Nigeria national flag is green white green.The green colour stands for agriculture while white stands for peace.

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »
Special prayer for OMS this day is quoted from the book of Isaiah 49;26 which says.....
.....for I will contend with those that contend with you,and I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh ,and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine.Then all fleshj shall know that I am the Lord your saviour,and your redeemer,the Mighty One of Jacob.Amen.

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
thigs done well
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 04:01:48 PM »
The only things done well as far as every individual is concerned are what you do for yourself.As the saying says.

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »
Today at Research In Motion's annual BlackBerry Developer Conference, CEO Mike Lazaridis announced the company's new tablet -- the PlayBook. The tablet will utilize an OS created by the recently acquired QNX (just as we'd heard previous to the announcement) called the BlackBerry Tablet OS which will offer full OpenGL and POSIX support alongside web standards such as HTML5 (which is all tied into RIM's new WebWorks SDK). Lazaridis was joined on stage by the company's founder, Dan Dodge, who said that "QNX is going to enable things that you have never seen before," and added that the PlayBook would be "an incredible gaming platform for publishers and the players." RIM also touted the PlayBook's ability to handle Flash content via Flash 10.1, as well as Adobe AIR apps. The new slate -- which Lazaridis described as "the first professional tablet" -- will sport a 7-inch, 1024 x 600, capacitive multitouch display, a Cortex A9-based, dual-core 1GHz CPU (the company calls it the "fastest tablet ever"), 1GB of RAM, and a 3 megapixel front-facing camera along with a 5 megapixel rear lens (and yes, there will be video conferencing). There was no mention of onboard storage capacity during the keynote, though the devices we just spied in our eyes-on post are labeled 16GB and 32GB on their back panels. The PlayBook will be capable of 1080p HD video, and comes equipped with an HDMI port as well as a microUSB jack, 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, and Bluetooth 2.1. The device clocks in at a svelte 5.1- by 7.6-inches, is only 0.4-inches thick, and weighs just 400g (or about 0.9 pounds).

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/27/rim-introduces-playbook-the-blackberry-tablet/

In terms of interface, the OS looks like a mashup of webOS and the BlackBerry OS, even allowing for multitasking via what amounts to a "card" view. Interestingly, RIM and QNX boasted of the PlayBook's multimedia and gaming functions, but Mike Lazaridis also described the tablet as "an amplified view of what's already on your BlackBerry." That's due largely in part to a function of the tablet which allows you to siphon data off of your BlackBerry handset via Bluetooth tethering and display it on your PlayBook (a la the ill-fated Palm Foleo). While the PlayBook doesn't seem to rely on phone content alone, the press release from the company says that users can "use their tablet and smartphone interchangeably without worrying about syncing or duplicating data." RIM didn't hand out any solid launch dates beyond "early 2011," and of course, there was no mention of retail price. We've got a slew of content after the break, including the PlayBook spec rundown, the company's press release, and a full video of the device (and UI) in action -- so take a look!

7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
1 GB RAM
Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
HDMI video output
Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
Ultra thin and portable:
Omotola,did you own this phone or you are a dealer or sales representative,pls respond

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
Patience
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
If you can have patience,you will definitely have whatever you will and every other will come to you as well.

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »

1 GB RAM
HDMI video output
Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Ultra thin and portable:

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »
Anger;An ANGRY man opens his own mouth and shut his eyes

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
Today's lesson
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
T he kingdom of heaven is a sure desired destination for all.Certain machlneries wll also make it certain.Be sure you put the words of 1Corinthians 6;9-10 into consideration always.I t says..know you not that unrighteousness shall not inherit the kingdom of God?Be not deceived neithe fornicators ,nor idolaters,nor adulterers,nor effeminates,nor homosexuals,nor thieves,nor drunkards,nor revilers,nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of God.In addition sins speaking lies,backbiting ,and so on are not worthy of taking one to THE GOLDEN GATE not to talk of entering imto your own promise land.Act on your weaknesses today before your weaknesses Kill you

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
For my love
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »
You are who my soul desires,
The only one who brightens my day,
Your thought every day brightens me and
makes me smile openly,
Just imagine the depth of  of light that flows through
my blood streams because of your undying love,
It IS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL,
Your love shines my way through the darkest of pits,
It is the only brightness that I've ever know,
I ate almost nothing knowing fully that you are there to feed me with the milk that a true and unending love such as ours could ever produce,
You are still the one I want to make my wife,my heartbeat,my sight, my vision,my hope,my universe.
Where will I ever be without you?You are the most beautiful of all in the whole world.
I love you and will always do.