Author Topic: MTN Black Berry monthly subscription now 3300 naira Etisalat to crash to 2800  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Favour

• God's Most Favoured Son
  • Administrator
  • Building Ties
  • IQ: 102
    • View Profile
    • Virtual Memento
There are about 80,000 active blackberry users in Nigeria at the moment, mostly earning above 150k per month with a spending budget of 60k per month. Many have BBs but without subscription. Some even pay for daily or weekly subscription but not regularly. Now you can pay 3,300 naira per month for the same access. Zain is still 4,750 naira per month as at today while Glo is around that too. All are expected to crash their prices.

The BB craze in town is so mad that people no longer ask for phone number or email address, they simply want your BB Pin, sometimes just scanning your BB Barcode. Some even place their barcode on facebook but be careful what you do with your BB Pin right now and who you give it to because the time will come when you'll have to face the music. That is not to say there's so much happening, most of what I got on my first try were forwarded mails and jokes (like in the days when email first came). Scammers are also using the BB now, fishing for BB Pins on forums and the internet and fraudulent people are ripping people off. I think people will realize in the future that there's more to the BB than that. BB is for business people, whether corporate or informal.

The Curve seems to be the most common BB while Bold 1 is rather rugged but for the poor trackball technology. Torch is still very new and expensive, above 100k, Pearl is rarely ever seen. Javelin and Storm 1 are still very much in use while there are several versions of the tour. I am waiting for the Plabook though and also waiting for prices to crash down to 2,000 naira so that there can be 1 million active users and we'll take our social networking to the phone big time.

in the meantime, it is worth noting that but for the BB Messenger, there isn't much you can expect from the device that Nokia or other internet-ready phones cannot offer.
Live and let live.

Offline davidenko

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 7
    • View Profile
MTN Black Berry monthly subscription now 3000 naira Etisalat to crash to 2800
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:21:28 PM »
Thank you favour. MTN is charging 3,000 naira and not 3,300 naira. Pls correct
ca$h rule$ #v#rything around m#...

Offline Penthome

• RM High Chief
  • IQ: 30
  • Fly, crawl, walk, run, just do something.do suntin
    • View Profile
    • Lagos Metropolitan Community
Source please?
My wall/profile/page ---> http://rubminds.com/forums/profile/Penthome

"send me recharge card!"

Offline mona

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 6
    • View Profile
Favour u strike me as  anti-bb.I wonder what you have to say for the iphone 4 or the nokia version of bb when it eventually comes out. Pent the mtn thing is for real and glo and zain have taken theirs down to 2500 and 2800 too.however,mtn's own is till january end,don't know about others.
monabellucci events...delivering lasting impressions.

Offline mekoyo

• Reliable Elder
  • IQ: 30
  • Be yourself
    • View Profile
For blackberry users
!!!Until you accept your failure as final then are you finally a failure!!!

Offline dadp007

• Reliable Elder
  • IQ: 38
    • View Profile
@ Mona where is glo charging 2500 for bb subscription and what do u mean by BB version of Nokia?

Offline mona

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 6
    • View Profile
well that wat i heard they're charging.i know etisalat is 3k and thats as at this week.nokia has a nokia ovi chat thingy and is looking to give RIM competition by having its own kinda bbm.
monabellucci events...delivering lasting impressions.

Offline davidenko

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 7
    • View Profile
etisalat is now charging 2000 naira per month
ca$h rule$ #v#rything around m#...