Author Topic: To tell the truth  (Read 1078 times)

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 2
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
To tell the truth
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
Telling the truth is an wholesome act,and the benefit of telling the truth outweighed the influence of what any other social or ethnic vises could ever have on us as individual and the society at large.
Quite long time ago,when I was still in the elementary school,one of our teachers,mummy as we used to address her said on one occasion when a pupil was caught defending himself wrongly by shielding the truth with lies,eventually he retracted his statement after he'd been severely dealt with.She said as I quote,''even if you are going to be killed for saying the truth,still admit in whatever way that it is the truth and stand by it''.As a little boy the word reverberated in my mind and had been a guiding light to my steps ever since then.
The psalmist says,''your words is a light unto my path a lamp unto my feet(ps 119:110) because he'd found the truth,he understands the language God speaks.
To further buttress the effect of truth,I add(ODB)HENRY DAVID THOMAS said ''Rather than love,than money than fame give me truth''.Imagine the difference it would make in our world if that theme were heard as often as those catchy and memorable advertising jingles of Coca-cola and Mcdonald's.
Truth is essential to all our interactions-in the halls of government, the  classroom,the workplace and at home.Truth telling builds trust.JDB said.''As I used to tell my children,if you tell a lie about one thing,it will be tough to believe you about anything.That is absolutely right,I agree.
There are hundreds of reason to support the idea that telling the truth is best for us and for society,but the most vital reason is that it honors God.Truth is at the heart of who He is (Ps 31:5),and it is how He wants us to interact with others.
Throughout the proverbs,a book that clearly gives us God's thinking about morals and ethical principles,the statement of truth is held high.We find statement such as these,''He who walks with integrity walks securely(10:9).the truthful heart shall be established forever(12:19)..LYING LIPS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD(12:22).
 Truth cannot be refuted.It never grows old.It never has to be retracted.It never fails.It is the language of God.There is nothing better for us to do than to tell the truth-JDB
             When lying lips attempt to skew the facts
             And say that wrong is really just and right,
             You never need to fear to tell the truth
              For truth can stand alone in any light.
  Read:PROVERBS 12:17-22.
  THERE IS NOTHING SO POWERFUL AS TRUTH-Webster.
Added from Our Daily Bread 2000 edition

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 2
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
To tell the truth
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »
Telling the truth is an wholesome act,and the benefit of telling the truth outweighed the influence of what any other social or ethnic vises could ever have on us as individual and the society at large.
Quite long time ago,when I was still in the elementary school,one of our teachers,mummy as we used to address her said on one occasion when a pupil was caught defending himself wrongly by shielding the truth with lies,eventually he retracted his statement after he'd been severely dealt with.She said as I quote,''even if you are going to be killed for saying the truth,still admit in whatever way that it is the truth and stand by it''.As a little boy the word reverberated in my mind and had been a guiding light to my steps ever since then.
The psalmist says,''your words is a light unto my path a lamp unto my feet(ps 119:110) because he'd found the truth,he understands the language God speaks.
To further buttress the effect of truth,I add(ODB)HENRY DAVID THOMAS said ''Rather than love,than money than fame give me truth''.Imagine the difference it would make in our world if that theme were heard as often as those catchy and memorable advertising jingles of Coca-cola and Mcdonald's.
Truth is essential to all our interactions-in the halls of government, the  classroom,the workplace and at home.Truth telling builds trust.JDB said.''As I used to tell my children,if you tell a lie about one thing,it will be tough to believe you about anything.That is absolutely right,I agree.
There are hundreds of reason to support the idea that telling the truth is best for us and for society,but the most vital reason is that it honors God.Truth is at the heart of who He is (Ps 31:5),and it is how He wants us to interact with others.
Throughout the proverbs,a book that clearly gives us God's thinking about morals and ethical principles,the statement of truth is held high.We find statement such as these,''He who walks with integrity walks securely(10:9).the truthful heart shall be established forever(12:19)..LYING LIPS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD(12:22).
 Truth cannot be refuted.It never grows old.It never has to be retracted.It never fails.It is the language of God.There is nothing better for us to do than to tell the truth-JDB
             When lying lips attempt to skew the facts
             And say that wrong is really just and right,
             You never need to fear to tell the truth
              For truth can stand alone in any light.
  Read:PROVERBS 12:17-22.
  THERE IS NOTHING SO POWERFUL AS TRUTH-Webster.
Added from Our Daily Bread 2000 edition
Truth is like a morning light,no matter how long the night stays,the morning shall surely come-OMS.