Author Topic: Getting what you want  (Read 926 times)

Offline myocas2010

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 2
  • I luv RubMinds, LWKM
    • View Profile
Getting what you want
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »
There's a popular idea floating around about how to get whatever you want.It's called "the law of attraction".Just think and feel what you want to attract,and the law will use people,circumstances,and events to magnetize what you want to you,and magnetize you to it.This positive thinking philosophy teaches that the "energy"of your dominant thoughts "attracts"your circumstances.
  You won't find that idea anywhere in the Bible!As believers,we have good reasons to be positive in our thinking,but it's because our heavenly Father understands our needs and meet them.BECAUSE HE CARES FOR US,we don't have to be anxious(Luke 12:29-30).Life doesn't consist "in the abundance of the things [we posses]"(v.15),so we make it our aim instead to be "rich toward God"(v.21).We do that by seeking His kingdom and purpose(v.31) and laying up treasures in heaven,not for ourselves in this life.
Jesus said,"Take heed and beware of coveteousness"(v.15) because one day,like the rich fool in the parable  in Luke 12,we will leave it all behind.In the meantime,GOD promises to care for our needs-no matter what the circumstance.And that is no secret.-Anne Cetas.

I know not by what methods rare
  The Lord provides for me
I only know that all my needs
He meets so graciously.-Adams

Footnote:God has promised to supply all our needs .not all our wants.
Read LUKE 12:15,22-34.
Culled from our daily bread May,2009 edition.