Author Topic: WORLD LARGEST PLANE (AIRBUS A380 - SUPERJUMBO) GOES ON FIRST COMMERCIAL FLIGHT  (Read 1936 times)

Offline freddiewit

• RM High Chief
  • IQ: 41
  • God's Most Favoured Son
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Website
WORLD LARGEST PLANE (AIRBUS A380 A.K.A SUPERJUMBO) GOES ON FIRST COMMERCIAL FLIGHT

The Airbus A380 a.k.a Superjumbo makes its maiden commercial flight today, 25 October 2007 with Singapore Airlines.

The Airbus A380 is a double-deck, four-engine airliner manufactured by the European corporation Airbus, an EADS subsidiary. The largest passenger airliner in the world, the A380 made its maiden flight on 27 April 2005 from Toulouse, France, and made its maiden commercial flight on 25 October 2007 with Singapore Airlines. The aircraft was known as the Airbus A3XX during much of its development phase, but the nickname Superjumbo has since become associated with it.

The A380's upper deck extends along the entire length of the fuselage. This allows for a cabin with 50 percent more floor space than the next largest airliner, the Boeing 747-400, and provides seating for 525 people in standard three-class configuration or up to 853 people in full economy class configuration. The A380 is offered in passenger and freighter versions. The A380-800, the passenger model, is the largest passenger airliner in the world, superseding the Boeing 747. The A380-800F, the planned freighter model, is designed as one of the largest freight aircraft, with a listed payload capacity exceeded only by the Antonov An-225. The A380-800 has a design range of 15,200 kilometres (8,200 nmi, sufficient to fly from New York to Hong Kong nonstop), and a cruising speed of Mach 0.85 (about 900 km/h or 560 mph at cruise altitude).

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:47:26 AM by freddiewit »

Offline charles

• Making Friends
  • IQ: 1
    • View Profile
I watched it the news TODAY.

I've got be on that plane before this year runs out.

Offline freddiewit

• RM High Chief
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Website
How're you going to do that.

DREAM?

Dreams come true

Offline charles

• Making Friends
    • View Profile
No, I'll board it on my to Hong Kong. I will see how it happens sha.

Offline freddiewit

• RM High Chief
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Website
I thought you were kidding earlier.

But, you must be so boxed up to be thinking of boarding this plane that soon.

Offline miclover

• Making Friends
    • View Profile
I'ld be flying this place first week in december. I've already booked my flight.
If nobody flies it before then, I'll come and gist you the flight experience.

Offline freddiewit

• RM High Chief
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Website
Sorry, miclover, but I already flew the place: the very first day it went commercial

Offline miclover

• Making Friends
    • View Profile
Well, what do you have to say about the interior especially as regards the services of the hostesses?

Offline freddiewit

• RM High Chief
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Website
All I have to say is that...
erm...
"You need to fly it"
Narrations except by someone like Magneto would not do any effect compared to what lies ahead.

Offline PhiziX

• Building Ties
  • IQ: 8
  • .::PhotoCopy not Easy::.
    • View Profile
    • :: Mobile411 ::
Yeah -yeah.. Watched the Operation launch on CNN and that their flight Reporter was On it.. *The one that shouts er'tim he reports -I think too much air as gotten into his Brain*

So we now Have 'Molu-E' in the Air -That's AweSome!  8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:18:15 PM by PhiziX »

Offline freddiewit

• RM High Chief
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Website
You this Phizix of a boy, your kolomentality still needs Yaba left's attention. What's Molue got to do with one now?